Alka Seltzer Plus - Cold Formula
All First Aid products are packaged in Single Dose - Tamper Resistant Packaging, individually labeled, and dated for freshness. Avoid contamination between users. Ideal for use at the workplace, and Great for keeping products available when you're on the go!!!
1 tablet / Foil-wrapped packet 36 packets / Box
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Headache + Body Ache
- Sore Throat
- Sinus Pressure
Active Ingredients (in each tablet) Purpose
Asprin 325mg (NSAID)* Pain reliever/fever reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg Antihistamine
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 7.8mg Nasal decongestant
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- nasal and sinus congestion
Temporarily reduces fever.
Reyes syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrone, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- Facial swelling
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
DO NOT USE TO SEDATE CHILDREN
- Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- In children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diretic
- You have
- Thyroid diseas
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- A sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
Taking a prescription drug for
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Excitability may occur especially in children
- You may get drowsy
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- An allergic reaction occurs, seek medical help right away.
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
- Pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problmes in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz. of water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
Children – do not use
Each tablet contains: sodium 474 mg.
Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 8.4 mg. Per Ticket